Whether it’s for a party or just to decorate your fabulous space, what girl wouldn’t want a Personalized Sequin Name Banner!? Well, I met a little girl named Leah who was in the market for this exact accessory to personalize her birthday party and then to hang in her bedroom later. Of course, I was super excited that her favorite color was purple (my all-time favorite color) so that made it all the more fun to make. Imagine how stoked I was when I found this lavender sequin stretch trim on clearance at Joann and then got an additional discount. It was such a great price I bought the whole roll! Let me show you how easily you can make one for yourself!
Be sure to Save it on Pinterest if you want to make it later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive compensation if you click on product or brand links and purchase anything. For more information, see our Disclosure Policy.
Personalized Sequin Name Banner
- Sequin Stretch Trim
- White Foam Board with Grid
- Box Cutter
- Hot Glue Gun
- Marker or Paint to Match Sequin
- 6 Feet + Coordinating Ribbon to Hang Banner On
Personalized Sequin Name Banner Steps
1. Using the grids on the foam board and the width of your sequin trim as your guide, sketch out the letter shapes you need to spell your name using a block font. I made my letter stems the same width as the trim.
Tip: It might help if you look at your name in a block font on your screen for inspiration.
2. Use the box cutter to carefully cut out the block letters. You want to avoid getting jagged edges so make sure your blade is sharp and you cut slowly and firmly. Sometimes making a shallow cut first helps make the final cut cleaner.
3. Use the marker or paint to color the white foam letters so that white doesn’t show through on any gaps in sequin trim.
4. Cut sections of the sequin trim to fit into your letters with a very slight overhang. If you have curvy letters, you may want to cut a smidge extra to allow for stretching.
5. Hot glue the sequin trim onto the colored foam letter pieces.
6. Hot glue the top edge back of the letters onto the front of the long ribbon. I’d find the center of the ribbon and start gluing the middle letters first and then work your way out so the name is centered.
That’s it! You can have your own glam Personalized Sequin Name Banner in just an hour or so! This is perfect for a last minute party decoration when you need to add a little pizazz or it would make the perfect addition to your creative workspace, your bedroom or anywhere else you need to add a little sparkle to your life. I may have originally been inspired by a little girl’s desire for her dream banner, but I think this works great for all of us who like to add a little extra.
If you’re looking for another idea for making a sparkly name banner, you may like our Glittered Rustic Banner. You could easily swap out the plaid paper for something metallic or pearlized to match the glittered letters.
Now if you’re looking for more inspiration for party decorations you can make yourself, be sure to check out the huge selections over at Favecrafts. They have enough projects for the whole party!
I’m excited to announce we’ve joined up with 15 other creative bloggers for the Inspire My Creativity Link Party. This year, we’ll bring you themed crafts the 2nd Wednesday of each month. January is a free theme, so we get to choose any craft Fun, fun!
Meet our Co-hosts!
Be sure to join us on the 2nd Wednesday next month for more fun projects!
Hi, I’m Marie. I’ve been obsessed with crafting for most of my life. I love to experiment with new crafting techniques as well as making the classics. Over the years and after three kids involved in various activities, I discovered my other passion, event planning. I love making my own decorations and styling rooms for parties. I’m at my happiest when I can combine crafts and party styling. It’s so much fun!