Are you ready for an incredibly easy Christmas craft project for kids to make!? Well, then you are in the right place. This Kids Pom Pom Christmas Ornament, made with supplies from Dollar Tree, is the perfect Christmas craft for little hands and would look cute hanging on your tree or would make great gifts for teachers during the holidays. These would also be a great project for Scouts or church groups since the cost is low and most kids will be able to make them. I’ve linked to similar products on Amazon in case you need to make a bunch, otherwise, Dollar Tree will be stocking these Christmas craft staples soon.
Be sure to Save it on Pinterest if you want to make it later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive compensation if you click on product or brand links and purchase anything. For more information, see our Disclosure Policy.
Kids Pom Pom Christmas Ornament
- Clear Plastic Ball Fillable Craft Ornament
- 1 Bag Various Sizes of Red, White, and Green Pom Poms
- Coordinating Ribbon
Kids Pom Pom Christmas Ornament Steps
1. Pull the end out of the ornament ahead of time for the kids.
2. Have the kids stuff the ball with red, white, and green pom poms. If you have a large group of children, I suggest portioning out the pom poms into a cup so they don’t go crazy.
3. You replace the cap on the ornament. It is somewhat fragile and will be hard for tiny hands to manage.
4. Cut about 8 inches of ribbon.
5. Tie the ribbon in a loop off of the ornament hanger.
That’s really all there is to it! My son said he loved the “pop” sound the large pom poms make when they got pushed into the ornament. I have to agree, it was somehow satisfying and funny. I want to note that because it is September and far too early for my Christmas Tree to be up, I used my handy-dandy hibiscus bush. It blooms year round here in Florida and makes a lovely backdrop for Christmas Ornaments I think.
Then, if you really want to see a huge selection of kids ornament projects, You definitely want to visit All Free Christmas Crafts! They have pages and pages of ideas.
Now to see some other awesome Dollar Tree Christmas Crafts! Click on one of the projects below to see how you take simple Dollar Tree items and turn them into amazing Christmas projects and decorations.
Do you love making Christmas Craft Projects from Dollar Tree? Then be sure to add your project link to the InLinkz button below. Projects must use Dollar Tree materials and no more than two entries per crafter. Have fun sharing!