I swear I have enough craft supplies stockpiled to make decorations for the next several Halloweens! Anyone else? Have you seen that meme floating around that says collecting craft supplies and actually using them are two separate hobbies? Well, it definitely applies to me, lol. So needless to say, I was able to make this Creepy Halloween Beware Sign without having to buy any extra supplies whatsoever. In fact, it’s part of a monthly craft room de-stash challenge where we are supposed to use supplies we have on hand to make a project. Be sure to check out all of the other awesome entries!
Be sure to Save it on Pinterest if you want to make it later!
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive compensation if you click on product or brand links and purchase anything. For more information, see our Disclosure Policy.
Creepy Halloween Beware Sign
- Small piece of foam board (or cardboard)
- 3 12×12″ Sheets Black Printed Scrapbook Paper
- 1 12×12″ Sheet Printed White Scrapbook Paper
- 2 12×12″ Sheets Grey Printed Scrapbook Paper
- Cricut Creepy Critters Cartridge
- Paper Adhesive
- Cricut Cutting Machine
Creepy Halloween Beware Sign Steps
1. In Cricut Design Space, open up a new project and search your linked cartridges for Creepy Critters. Select the Bat Frame and then go back and get the Beware Graphic.
2. Resize the Bat Frame to your desired size (mine is almost 8 inches wide.) Then resize the Beware Graphic so that it is the same width as the white zigzag rectangle from the Bat Frame.
3. Cut all six sheets of scrapbook paper in the order Design Space suggests. You will be cutting each layer one page at a time.
4. Adhere the Beware layer to the dripping grey layer.
5. Glue that layer to the back of the white frame layer.
6. Stick that layer to the solid black frame layer.
7. Now adhere the black cutout frame later on top of the other layers and then finally, glue the black detailed layer on top of all of the others.
8. While all of that is drying, cut a piece of your foam board or cardboard sized to fit the back without showing in the front. I cut mine 8 inches by 6 inches. Stick it to the back of your creepy frame. This will give it more of a 3D look.
That’s it! Don’t you just love how easy it is to make holiday decorations with your Cricut? This Creepy Halloween Beware Sign will go perfectly with the rest of my black, white, and grey decor I have in my dining room. You can easily customize this project with the other images on this Creepy Critters cartridge or with different paper color choices. I fun and brightly colored one would look amazing for Day of the Dead theme, too. How would you make yours?
If you like this Halloween sign, check out my Nightmare Before Christmas Inspired Halloween Sign. I use a similar color scheme but completely different methods and materials. You won’t believe what I used for the skeleton arms!
If you’re a fan Halloween crafts in general and are looking for more Halloween decoration projects, you’ll have to visit All Free Holiday Crafts. They have so much inspiration for all the holidays!
Now for those other awesome De-Stash Challenge projects!
If you’d like to join in the Craft Room De-Stash Challenge, you can request to join our Facebook group here!
Hi, I’m Marie. I’ve been obsessed with crafting for most of my life. I love to experiment with new crafting techniques as well as making the classics. Over the years and after three kids involved in various activities, I discovered my other passion, event planning. I love making my own decorations and styling rooms for parties. I’m at my happiest when I can combine crafts and party styling. It’s so much fun!